THE LEADER PROJECT
LEADER empowers promising entrepreneurs in Bosnia and Herzegovina to learn business fundamentals through the following modules: New Venture Creation, Business Strategy, Marketing Strategy and Tactics, Operations, Entrepreneurial Finance (Financial Statements & Cash Flow), Go-To-Market Strategy, Managing People, Communications, and Business Plan Development.
Through this approach, LEADER aims to enable high-potential individuals to develop local business solutions that create opportunities for their communities.
- To equip entrepreneurs, and aspiring entrepreneurs, with the business decision-making skills to progress the prosperity and well-being of the regions in which they live.
- To enable entrepreneurs to envision, launch, and/or scale new ventures
- To strengthen entrepreneurial ecosystems by filling the training gap in developing countries
- To facilitate meaningful relationships between young business leaders globally
Empowering promising entrepreneurs
LEADER is a Canadian student-driven overseas economic development program. It was founded in 1991 by MBA students from the Ivey Business School in London and Toronto, Canada with the mandate of empowering promising entrepreneurs in frontier markets to envision, launch, and/ or scale new ventures.
Ivey Business School (Ivey)
Ivey Business School (Ivey) is the business school of the University of Western Ontario, a research-intensive university located in London, Ontario, Canada. According to Bloomberg Businessweek, Ivey has the best full-time MBA program outside of the United States.
Ivey in the Rankings
- In 2010, Ivey became the first North American business school to offer the prestigious CEMS Global Alliance in Management Education, joining the likes of the London School of Economics, HEC Paris, ESADE, and Bocconi University.
- Bloomberg Businessweek ranked their MBA program as the # 1 international MBA program (outside the United States) two years in a row.
- Number one in the 2015 recruiter survey for Bloomberg Businessweek Ivey’s MBA graduates ranked first and leadership skills, strategic thinking, collaboration and communications skills – among the most-wanted and hardest-to-find skills sought after by employers.
- According to the 2016 Financial Times ranking, their MBA program has the highest recorded salaries three years after graduation of any Canadian business school and scored top marks for career management service satisfaction.
- The Executive Education program is ranked # 1 in Canada by the Financial Times.
- The Economist ranked their MBA program 2nd in Canada.
- Medal – In 2015 the School received a bronze medal in the Nurturing Employability category at the prestigious Wharton-QS Stars ReImagine Education Awards.
- Medal – Ranked Top 10 in the World for Alumni Network.
Restart | Working For Prosperous Bosnia and Herzegovina
Restart is a social biz which operates as a business embassy for the BiH diaspora and foreign investors. We handle business requests as well as facilitate foreign investments, by leveraging our network and their contacts around the world.
Supported by US embassy | Economic Support Fund (ESF)
This project is supported by the WOMEN’S EMPOWERMENT SMALL GRANTS PROGRAM: The program supports initiatives designed to promote women’s leadership and the political, economic, and social advancement of women across Bosnia and Herzegovina.